Specialized counsel and services for insurance and reinsurance firms
The Hirigoyen Group offers a deep understanding of the insurance and reinsurance industry, developed over the successful career of Patrick Hirigoyen, principal. For more than 25 years, Mr. Hirigoyen has worked with insurers, reinsurers, brokers and industry service providers. With strong relationships in the business and trade media, and with leading industry executives, Mr. Hirigoyen has a reputation as a strategic communications executive with an up-to-date knowledge of the industry’s trends and issues.
Mr. Hirigoyen’s industry experience includes:
17-year tenure with global property-casualty insurer and reinsurer The St. Paul Companies (now The Travelers)
- Served in every aspect of corporate communications and every area of the company.
- Led communications for $1 billion global reinsurer, developing and managing corporate and marketing communications programs.
- Became go-to resource for reporters and editors in the United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific region.
Vice President, Marketing and Communications for reinsurance broker John B. Collins & Associates, Inc. (now Guy Carpenter & Co. LLC).
- Planned, developed and implemented marketing and communications strategies, corporate communications, advertising, branding, web site, e-communications and other areas.
- Leveraged relationships with editors and reporters at business and trade media in the United States and Europe
Insurance and reinsurance clients for The Hirigoyen Group have included:
- Catlin Group (global property-casualty insurer; now XL Catlin)
- Reinsurance Group of America (RGA)
- Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association
- K2 Insurance Services, LLC, San Diego, Calif.
- Atlas General Insurance Services, San Diego, Calif.
- MMIC Group (medical liability insurer)
- Stonehill Reinsurance Partners, LLC (reinsurance broker)
- Watson Law Group, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Bancinsure, Inc. (now Red Rock Insurance Co.), Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Arch Reinsurance Company (US)
Patrick Hirigoyen’s work on behalf of insurers and reinsurers has been international in its approach, resulting in significant media coverage that supported the firms’ global reputations. For example:
United Kingdom: Major coverage of industry leadership by the CEO of a global U.S.-based insurance company in The Economist; multiple articles, coverage in the Financial Times; extensive coverage in insurance and reinsurance trade publications; continuing relationships with reporters and editors covering the London market and Lloyd’s of London.
China: Major media relations efforts, reflecting a strong understanding of Chinese customs and norms, resulting in major coverage of a global insurer by Xinhua, China Daily, the South China Morning Post (Hong Kong) and other outlets.
Germany: Media relations and varied coverage in such news outlets as FT Deutschland and Suddeutsche Zeiting; regular coverage in such insurance trade publications as Versicherungs Wirtschaft and Zeitschrift Fur Versicherungswesen.
France: A feature on an American insurer’s innovations in the financial daily Les Echos; coverage in such insurance trade publications as L’Argus and La Tribune de L’Assurance.
Australia: Feature coverage of the initiatives of a U.S.-based insurer in the financial daily Australia Financial Review.
Additional media relations experience in:
- The Netherlands